The DONES Programme, along with the construction phase of the IFMIF-DONES facility has been officially started in March 2023. To follow-up and consolidate the discussions about the scientific opportunities at DONES presented at the First IFMIF-DONES Users Workshop, we are calling for this Second IFMIF-DONES Users Workshop.
The workshop will be held as an in-person event in Parque de las Ciencias, in Granada, Spain.
The key objective of this Second DONES User´s Workshop is to contribute and consolidate the international DONES Users Community representing all the different scientific and technological areas that could be interested in this facility.
Initially, one of the main roles for the DONES Users Community will be to establish a stable link of communication between the DONES engineering activities and the future users in such a way, that requirements coming from the potential users can be evaluated in terms of technical feasibity, ease of implementation and available budget and factored in during the construction phase of the facility.
Taking this into account, this workshop will focus on two specific objectives:
- To establish a permanent DONES Users Committee that will formally interact with the recently established DONES Programme Team, and
- To initiate the process to develop a first preliminary version of a DONES Irradiation Programme based on the review of the needs of the DONES Users Community.
Proposed areas of scientific interest / sessions of the workshop:
- Material qualification for DEMO and the fusion program – convened by G. Pintsuk and M. Rieth
- Tritium technologies validation at DONES – convener D. Rapisarda
- Irradiation program proposal - discussion convened by A. Ibarra
- Complementary experiments – collimated neutron beam facility – convener A. Letourneau
- Medical and industrial application of neutrons – convener J. Praena
- Neutron time-of-flight facility at DONES and other experimental ideas – convener D. Cano-Ott
- Development of DONES users community – convener M. Lewitowicz
We kindly invite you to send abstracts and contribute to the discussion. The program of the sessions will be composed of a small number of key-note talks to introduce the proposed topics along with a number of contributed presentations selected based on submitted abstracts.
Deadline for submission of abstracts is July 15 2023.
There will be a participation fee of 100 Euro to cover the cost of the organisation, coffee breaks and lunches. Participation of young researchers is encouraged.
Remote, by-video participation free of charge will also be possible. Please register to the workshop to receive updates of the agenda, video conference links, etc.
The workshop will take place two days before the 21st International Conference of Fusion Reactor Materials ICFRM-21 which will be held in Granada on October 22-27. https://www.icfrm-21.com/
A summary of the discussions of the meeting will be compiled and published as a report.
We are looking forward to your contributions and participation.
Angel Ibarra, Wojciech Królas