The start of the DONES Programme and the launch of the Construction phase of the IFMIF-DONES facility is expected this year. To follow-up and consolidate the discussions about the scientific opportunities at DONES presented at the First IFMIF-DONES Users Workshop, we are calling for this Second IFMIF-DONES Users Workshop.
The workshop will be held as an in-person event in Parque de las Ciencias, in Granada, Spain.
Key objectives of the Workshop are to identify new ideas that could still be implemented in the design of the facility, review the priorities of the irradiation programme, as well as to build up an IFMIF-DONES user´s community for fusion and non-fusion related applications.
- Current status of IFMIF-DONES design and the construction and commissioning plan.
- Definition of pre-DONES activities: irradiation database and technologies to be developped before using the facility.
- Roadmap of material qualification for DEMO at IFMIF-DONES.
- High Flux Test Module: structural materials irradiation needs for fusion applications including planning of sample loads and their post irradiationr exploitation.
- Other irradiation modules to be placed in the high-flux radiation environment.
- Opportunities for the production of radioisotopes at DONES.
- Collimated neutron beam facility, proposed experiments and operation mode.
- Implementation of a neutron time-of-flight facility at DONES - feasibility evaluation and experimental opportunities.
- Any other possible experiments.
We kindly invite you to send abstracts and contribute to the discussion. The program will be composed of a small number of key-note talks to introduce the proposed topics along with a number of contributed presentations selected based on submitted abstracts. Participation of young researchers is encouraged. The authors of posters will be invited to present short 3 minute flash talks to present their contributions. Abstracts are due before June 30, 2023.
More detailed information along with a schematic program of the meeting will be distributed by August 30, 2023.
The discussion and conclusions of the meeting will be compiled and published as a report.
We are looking forward to your contributions and participation.
Angel Ibarra, Wojciech Królas